Arctic Char Extreme, Norway Kautokeino
If you have dreamed catching really large arctic char on fly. It can come true but you must follow us up to the Norwegian Mountain lakes. There swims much bigger arctic char than in rivers!
REAL WILDERNESS waters. Here we have two lakes full of arctic chars. Here is also one lake where swim very fat graylings!
Distance to the nearest road is about 40 km. This is the main reason why there has not been over-fishing in the lakes, and, consequently, the arctic char have been able to attain trophy size.
Facts: These two arctic char lakes inhabits only arctic char,
... fisherman can be caught 10-20 (500 - 1500grams) arctic chars during
one day. The largest ones exceeding even 4kg in weight, are
We reach the area by ATV(Four Wheelers) and hotspots by canoe/boat.
To some of the places we have to walk a distance of 0.5km-3.0km.
Accommodation will be in a comfortable Lavvu.
The nearest hotspot are only 50m from the camp! FISHING: Flyfishing, In shore(waders) and off shore!
Lavvu is a temporary dwelling used by the Sami people of northern Scandinavia. It has a design similar to a Native American tipi but is less vertical and more stable in high winds. It enables the indigenous cultures of the treeless plains of northern Scandinavia and the high arctic of Eurasia to follow their reindeer herds. It is still used as a temporary shelter by the Sami, and increasingly by other people for camping. The king of all lavvu's, finnmark has been developed for use by the most demanding outdoorsmen in the most demanding environments.
More about Finnmark Lavvu: http://www.helsport.no/en/product/TENTS/XTREM/Finnmark
Lavvu gives us a great opportunity to camp by the best flyfishing waters. Heater, sleeping bags, pads and outdoor cooking equipment included.
- Departures: 1.7-25.8. On request for 2-6 persons
- Duration: 7 days / 6 night
- Price 2 person: 2950€/person
- Price 3 person: 2200€/person
- Price 4 person: 1800€/person. Ask for price if you are a bigger group!
- Price includes: 8 hours guided fishing per day, all transfers from/to Alta Norway airport, Kittila Finland airport, or Kolari Finland train station, ATV transfers from/to, 2 night in cottage with sauna, shower and toilet -first and last night(sauna, shower and toilet in a separate building), 4 nights in a Lavvu, sleeping bags, full board 5days in the camp(breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks. breakfast -self served), all fishing licences and rubber boat/canoes.
- Additional services on extra charge. Eg. additional day, fly fishing equipment, ...
- Breakfast - Coffee, bread, cheese, pacon, tomato, egg and yoghurt.
- Lunch - Grilled fresh fish with carrot, potato, tomato, olive oil, sea salt and rosemary.
- Dinner - Real Kota smoked reindeer meat with mashed potatoes, fried onions, pickle and lingonberry jam >> Dessert - cloudberries with valinja or 100% real cloudberry juice with vodka and coffee.
- Snacks - Chocolate, energy bar, etc,....
You can arrive/we can pic you up in Kittilä airport (Finland), Kiruna airport (Sweden), Alta airport
(Norway) or Kolari train station (Finland).
-Depending on weather and for the safety and comfort matter of the others we reserve the right to change the plan and the duration of the activities and fishing trips if necessary.
-If our guest are noticed to be a potential harm or even danger to him/herself, animals or to others, or is in poor health we also reserve the right to discontinue the trip.
When planing your holiday, make sure that you have a 1 day buffer between return from the mountains and departure from the airport!
-Grayling Land is not responsible for extreme weather conditions, lost luggage, lost or damaged fishing tackle or illnesses of participants. Baggage and personal effects are the sole responsibility of the traveling client at all times. Grayling Land will not be responsible for, and will not issue refunds or credits for the following: early departure by customer's choice; fishing cancelled as a result of inclement weather.
-Grayling Land is not responsible for the insurances of participants. Everyone should take his/her own travel insurance well before trip starts. Travel insurance should cover all possible medical treatments, medicines and lost, delayed or damaged luggage and fishing equipment. Travel insurance should cover customers costs in case of cancellation.
-If you are a vegetarian, have a special diet or a serious disease; please inform us well in advance - preferably when you reserve the tour!
-Mobile phone coverage may not be available