World Class Graylings - Magic River, Finland!
This heli fly fishing adventure takes you out into the remote wilderness of Lapland to meet the lady of the streams - The Grayling. Colourful Brown Trout, Sea Salmon and challenging Whitefish as Pike as well swimming in The River in a breathtaking scenery!
Probably the best Grayling river in the world!
"I have been fishing Grayling in Northern Scandinavia for more than 20 years. During my fishing career I have visited many wonderful Grayling rivers, but compared to any other river the Magic River is unique. In the northernmost reaches of Lapland, there's a river where the Grayling grow really big. Every year dozens of Grayling over 1 kg (2.2 lbs), the largest ones exceeding even +2 kg (+4.4 lbs) in weight, are caught there"
The source of the river is located in the high fell range. The elevation of the primary headwater lake of the river is more than 600 meters above sea level. The river runs far away from any settlement, so it is a genuine wilderness river. Distance to the nearest road is about 40 km. This is the main reason why there has not been over-fishing in the river, and, consequently, the Grayling have been able to attain trophy size. We have been naming the rapids of the river as 2100, 2000, 1930, 1850, 1780 etc., not by the length of the rapids, but by the weight (in grammes) of the largest Grayling we have caught there.
- Depertures: 26.6.-25.8. On request for 1-6 persons
- Duration: 7 days and 6 nights (5 fishing days)
Price: 3550€/person for a group of 2 persons.
- Price: 2650€/person for a group of 3 persons.
- Price: 2060€/person for a group of 4 persons.
Price: 2100€/person for a group of 5 persons(two helicopter).
- Price: 1900€/person for a group of 6 persons(two helicopter).
- Price includes: Fishing guide, all transfers from/to Kittila Finland or Tromso Norway airport, helicopter lifts from/to Kilpisjärvi village, boat with engine, 2 night in a hotel or cottage with sauna, shower and toilet(first and last overnight), 4 overnights in a comfortable lavvu, sleeping bags, fullboard at Magic river (breakfast -self served), and all fishing licenses.
- Additional services on extra charge. Eg. Additional day, fly fishing equipment, waders ...
- Read more about The Magic River!
Our fish records from The Magic River:
- Grayling records is 2.1 kilograms, 2.0 kilograms, 1.93 kilograms etc, .... (average weight is huge 800-1500grammes!!).
- Brown trout record is 3 kilograms.
- Salmon record is 16 kilograms.
- Pike record is 9 kilograms.
- White fish record is 3.6 kilograms.
-Depending on weather and for the safety and comfort matter of the others we reserve the right to change the plan and the duration of the activities and fishing trips if necessary.
-If our guest are noticed to be a potential harm or even danger to him/herself, animals or to others, or is in poor health we also reserve the right to discontinue the trip.
When planing your holiday, make sure that you have a 1 day buffer between return from the mountains and departure from the airport!
-Grayling Land is not responsible for extreme weather conditions, lost luggage, lost or damaged fishing tackle or illnesses of participants. Baggage and personal effects are the sole responsibility of the traveling client at all times. Grayling Land will not be responsible for, and will not issue refunds or credits for the following: early departure by customer's choice; fishing cancelled as a result of inclement weather.
-Grayling Land is not responsible for the insurances of participants. Everyone should take his/her own travel insurance well before trip starts. Travel insurance should cover all possible medical treatments, medicines and lost, delayed or damaged luggage and fishing equipment. Travel insurance should cover customers costs in case of cancellation.
-If you are a vegetarian, have a special diet or a serious disease; please inform us well in advance - preferably when you reserve the tour!
-Mobile phone coverage may not be available